In a night that will be remembered as a highlight of his career, Harlem Eubank delivered a performance par excellence, capturing the WBO Global title in a thrilling encounter with Timo Schwarzkopf. The Brighton Centre was buzzing with excitement as Eubank, buoyed by a passionate home crowd, showcased a blend of skill and power that had not been seen from him before.
Eubank’s victory was not just another win; it was a historic moment. He became the first in the renowned fighting Eubank family to headline in their hometown since the legendary Chris Eubank Senior’s world title defense in the early 1990s. The 29-year-old lived up to his family’s legacy, displaying a combination of dazzling footwork and vicious power, becoming the first to stop the tough Schwarzkopf in his tracks.
The excitement peaked in the third round when Eubank floored Schwarzkopf, setting the tone for the rest of the bout. The unbeaten Eubank, now boasting a 19-0 record, delivered a masterclass. His decisive right hook in the 11th round sent Schwarzkopf to the canvas again, leading the referee to stop the fight just 42 seconds into the round, citing Schwarzkopf’s inability to continue.
Post-fight, a jubilant Harlem Eubank told Channel 5, “It was fantastic to become the WBO Global champion. Timo is known for his resilience, but tonight, I showcased my full arsenal. I can move, I can ‘dance’, and I can deliver the knockout punch. Dropping him early, maintaining perseverance, and securing the finish – it was the perfect homecoming. The support here is unbelievable, and the reception from my hometown crowd was nothing short of beautiful. If you can handle my trickery and ‘dancing’, then you’ve got to deal with my power.”
The night was packed with action, featuring several other noteworthy bouts:
- Ben Andrews edged out Patryk Polasik with a 39-37 victory.
- Oliver Zaren dominated Bahadur Karami, scoring 60-55.
- Tiernan Bradley outpointed Michal Bulik with a 60-52 win.
- JP O’Meara narrowly defeated Karl Sampson, 38-37.
- Sultan Zaurbek secured a sixth-round TKO over Sergio Sosa.
- Tom Welland won by a fourth-round TKO against Francisco Rodriguez.
- Tommy Welch retired Jonathan Vergara in the fourth round.
- Lerrone Richards outclassed Mickey Ellison with a score of 79-74.
- Harlem Eubank’s brilliant TKO of Timo Schwarzkopf in the 11th round.
- Roman Fury achieved a third-round knockout against Bradley Davies.