Michael Conlan is set to jump back in the ring at the SSE Arena Belfast on December 2nd, battling it out against the former European and Commonwealth Champ, Jordan Gill. The event will be broadcast live on DAZN.
Conlan, with a record of 27-2-1 and 8 KOs, was last in the spotlight in May, tasting defeat in a fight against Mexico’s IBF Featherweight World Champion, Luis Alberto Lopez. That was, sadly, his second World Title loss on the heels of a dramatic showdown with Leigh Wood in 2022. But hey, can’t win ’em all, right?
But the Belfast warrior isn’t letting past setbacks keep him down. He’s teamed up with Cuban-American trainer, Pedro Diaz. They’re getting prepped for a big comeback fight, with Conlan setting his sights on the Super-Featherweight division.
Jordan Gill has a 27-2-1 and 8 KOs record. He’s making his first appearance since that unfortunate fourth-round defeat against Spain’s Kiko Martinez in October 2022. The Chatteris lad is gearing up to reclaim his rep and rattle the local favorite.
Our undercard? Oh, it’s stacked. Belfast’s own Super-Welterweight contender, Caoimhin Agyarko (13-0, 7 KOs), is about to face his biggest challenge yet, going toe-to-toe with Darlington’s ex-British Champ, Troy Williamson (20-1-1, 14 KOs). And get this: Tyrone McKenna (23-3-1, 6 KOs) and Lewis Crocker (17-0, 10 KOs) are prepping for an electrifying 147lbs all-Belfast fight, while local Super-Lightweight Sean McComb (17-1, 5 KOs) is squaring off against Liverpool’s former British and Commonwealth Champion, Sam Maxwell (17-2, 11 KOs). Ten rounds, folks! Ten exciting rounds.
Conlan, ever the charismatic, said, “Coming back to SSE Arena with Matchroom Boxing and a refreshed coaching team? Count me in! I’ve had legendary times here. Jordan’s solid, but he’s the hurdle between me and my goals. December 2nd is going to be a banger, and I can’t wait to catch up with everyone.”
Jordan Gill, not holding back either, remarked, “Oh, this is gonna be good. Mick’s top-contender material. I’m amped about showing off my moves. Both of us want those World Titles. Trust me, Belfast is gonna make some noise, and I’m excited to bring the heat!”
Matchroom Sport Chairman, Eddie Hearn, adding his two cents, expressed, “Returning to Belfast’s renowned fight scene for the first time since 2017 is a thrill. We’ve got Conlan, hoping to find his mojo again at Super-Featherweight after his Lopez setback. He’s got a fresh crew backing him, aiming to impress against Jordan Gill in the hot 130lbs division. And with Agyarko, McKenna, Crocker, and McComb bringing their A-game, DAZN viewers are in for a treat.”
“Oh, there are a bunch of reasons why I’m confident. I’m sure I’ll take him down. He’s missing something, a bit of grit maybe? There’s a hint of quit in him, plain and simple.
“Let’s not drag up old sparring stories. What happens in sparring, stays in sparring. Sure, things happen, but it’s not the main event.
“If I wanted to boost my confidence, though, I’ve seen plenty. Observing him over time and in his recent fights, I’ve noticed things. You look at them and think, ‘Alright, got it. I know my plan.’
“Come Saturday night, he can think about our past sparring sessions all he wants. I bet he does that a lot. But me? I’m zeroed in on the task – walking in there and securing the win on Saturday.”
“I’m feeling top of the world. No stress, no fuss. This is a huge chance for me to climb up the ranks. I’m pumped and ready to roll. I’m strong and in top shape. Tomorrow, I’ll look nothing like the skinny guy I was at 126lbs. Should’ve moved up a division years ago. That Guerfi fight showed I’m no quitter. If I need to prove that again, so be it. Expect a spectacular fight. His bout with Leigh was a fight of the year, and I’m expecting this one to be just as great. Can’t wait for Saturday. He might be the main attraction, but I’m not just any opponent.”
Michael Conlan vs. Jordan Gill Start Time
Q: When is the Michael Conlan vs. Jordan Gill fight scheduled? A: The fight is set for Saturday, December 2. It is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. UK time / 2 p.m. Eastern Time. Please note that these timings might change.
Q: What time will the main event ringwalks happen? A: The exact time for the main event ringwalks is yet to be announced.
Q: Can I watch the fight on DAZN? A: Yes, the fight will be streamed live on DAZN in over 200 countries. You can subscribe to DAZN here. Note: In Argentina, Chile, and Colombia, you must download the DAZN app and sign up through the app rather than a web browser.
Q: What devices support DAZN? A: DAZN is available on a variety of platforms:
- Mobile Devices: iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Android tablets, Amazon Fire tablet.
- TV & Streaming Devices: Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Hisense, LG Smart TV, Smartcast, Panasonic Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, Philips, Roku, Vestel, Vizio.
- Game Consoles: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S.
Q: Where will the fight take place? A: The fight is scheduled to take place at the SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Q: What are the records and bios of Michael Conlan and Jordan Gill? A:
- Michael Conlan
- Nationality: Irish
- Age: 32
- Height: 5’8″
- Reach: 69″
- Total Fights: 20
- Record: 18-2 (9 KOs)
- Jordan Gill
- Nationality: British
- Age: 29
- Height: 5’7″
- Reach: N/A
- Total Fights: 30
- Record: 27-2-1 (8 KOs)
CONLAN VS. GILL: The Complete Schedule and Weights for an Electrifying Night of Boxing in Belfast
The stage is set for an exhilarating evening of boxing as CONLAN VS. GILL prepares to captivate fans in Belfast. Doors open at 17:00 local time, setting the scene for a series of intense bouts. Here’s the rundown of what’s in store:
Starting at 17:30 on ‘Before the Bell’:
- International Middleweight Contest (6 rounds): Fearghus Quinn (161.6 lbs) from Belleek, Northern Ireland, squares off against Angel Emilov (162.9 lbs) from Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Super-Bantamweight Contest (6 rounds): Gerard Hughes (124.1 lbs) from Ballycastle, Northern Ireland, takes on Ruadhan Farrell (123.3 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- International Middleweight Contest (4 rounds): Leli Buttigieg (159.4 lbs) from Newham, England, faces Mario Oliveira (158.2 lbs) from Famalicao, Portugal.
Switching to DAZN at 19:00:
- International Lightweight Contest (6 rounds): Cameron Vuong (136.8 lbs) from Blyth, England, competes against Michal Dufek (136.7 lbs) from Prague, Czech Republic.
- WBO European Super-Lightweight Title Fight (10 rounds): Sean McComb (139.1 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland, clashes with Sam Maxwell (139.6 lbs) from Liverpool, England.
- WBA Continental Super-Welterweight Title Fight (10 rounds): Caoimhin Agyarko (153.8 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland, takes on Troy Williamson (153.95 lbs) from Darlington, England.
- WBA Continental Europe Welterweight Title Fight (10 rounds): Tyrone McKenna (146.9 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland, battles Lewis Crocker (147 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Main Event – WBA International Super-Featherweight Title Fight (12 rounds): Michael Conlan (129.5 lbs) from Belfast, Northern Ireland, faces off against Jordan Gill (129.5 lbs) from Chatteris, England.