This upcoming Friday night witnesses the return of the former lightweight world champion, Tevin Farmer, as he steps back into the ring for his second fight in three months, engaging Oscar Barajas in an eight-round lightweight contest at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia. The event, featuring seven fights in total, is brought to the audience by R & B Promotions and will be broadcast Combat Sports Now.
Weights: Tevin Farmer 131.9 – Oscar Barajas 133.6
Oluwafemi Oyeleye 153.3 – Jimmy Williams 153.1
Carlos Rosario 131.9 – Diuhl Olguin 127.9
Joshua Jones 134.6 – Jonathan Perez 137.5
Allen Otto 157.4 – James Abraham 158.4
Daniel Bean 233.3 – Rob Perez 237.8
Representing Philadelphia, Farmer holds a record of 31-5-1, with six of his wins by knockout. At 33, Farmer boasts victories over notable fighters like Angelo Ward, Tim Witherspoon Jr., and former world champion, Gamailei Diaz, among others.
Back in August 3, 2018, Farmer clinched the IBF Junior League championship title in New South Wales, Australia, overcoming Billy Dib. He went on to defend his title successfully four times against fighters like James Tennyson and Francisco Fonseca before returning from a three-and-a-half-year break with a 10-round unanimous win over Avery Sparrow on June 24th at the 2300 Arena.
Coming from Zamora, Mexico, Barajas steps into the ring with a 19-8-1 record. The 33-year-old has scored victories over fighters like Roxie Lam and holds decision wins over Philadelphia fighters Jerome Conquest and Damon Allen, showcasing his respectable skills and great fighting spirit.
Six-Round Fights Details
- Oluwafemi Oyeleye with a 13-0, 7 KOs record, hailing from Los Angeles, will fight against Jimmy Williams of New Haven, CT, who holds an 18-12-2, 6 KOs record, in a junior middleweight division.
- Somerdale, NJ’s Carlos Rosario will be fighting Phillip Davis of Worcester, MA, in a lightweight division. Rosario enters the ring with a 9-3, 4 KOs record, while Davis holds a 3-6-2 record.
Four-Round Fights Details
- Philadelphia’s own Joshua Jones will be fighting Jonathan Perez in a lightweight division. Jones has a 7-0-1, 3 KOs record while Perez holds a 41-37, 33 KOs record.
- In a clash between unbeaten middleweights, Allen Otto will be fighting James Abraham. Otto, from Pennsauken, NJ, holds a 2-0, 2 KOs record, and Abraham, from Queens, NY, also holds a 2-0, 2 KOs record.
- Daniel Bean of Old Bridge, NJ, will face Rob Perez in a heavyweight division, with Perez making his debut in the ring.
- Lastly, Gandi Romain of Irvington, NJ, will fight against the debuting Beni Beguy of New York in a welterweight division.