Canadian Olympian and national pride, Mary Spencer, is all geared up to settle old scores with the tough Femke Hermans from Belgium. With the vacant IBF junior middleweight world title at stake, the tension is high. Streaming action from Montreal begins live on ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT
This main event, Spencer-Hermans II, is brought to you by Eye of the Tiger and will be the jewel in the crown of an already loaded fight card. For those unable to witness the magic live, fret not! ESPN+ is exclusively streaming the event live in the U.S.
A trip down memory lane: Mary Spencer, with her stellar 7-1, 5 KOs record, donned the Canadian colors at the 2012 London Olympics. Fast forward to a decade later, she stormed into the pro scene, making quite the entrance with a KO victory in August 2021. Femke Hermans, holding an impressive 16-4, 7 KOs scorecard, is no stranger to the big league. The two powerhouses previously locked horns in December, where Hermans emerged victorious. But this time around? The game’s changed.
Now, if that isn’t enough to get your heart racing, the co-feature is a spectacle in its own right. Erik Bazinyan, the unbeaten southpaw, is set to defend his NABF and NABA titles against the American veteran, Ronald Ellis. With a title shot looming, Bazinyan has his eyes set on the prize, while Ellis is eager to make a roaring comeback.
But that’s not where the action ends! Streaming straight out of Montreal, expect some thrilling encounters:
- Welterweight Showdown: Christopher Guerrero (8-0, 4 KOs) takes on Jose Lopez (30-8-2, 16 KOs)
- Junior Lightweight Duel: Leila Beaudoin (9-1, 1 KO) squares off against Estrella Valverde (19-11-2, 4 KOs)
- Lightweight Clash: Jhon Orobio (4-0, 4 KOs) meets Jesus Solis Reyes (4-1)
- Super Middleweight Battle: Wilkens Mathieu (3-0, 2 KOs) faces Cesar Lopez Romo (2-0, 1 KO)
- Light Heavyweight Encounters: Imam Khataev (3-0, 3 KOs) versus David Benitez (9-8, 2 KOs) and Mehmet Nadir Unal (5-0, 4 KOs) challenging Luca Spadaccini (9-5-3, 4 KOs)