Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk are set to throw down in Saudi Arabia, and the spectacle’s being streamed worldwide live on DAZN. Shell out 70 PPV bucks, and you’ll shave a front-row seat to the digital brawl between Fury and Usyk, coming at you live on May 18 via DAZN PPV. This massive heavyweight scrap has managed to bring together TNT Sports, DAZN, and Sky Sports, making sure fans across the globe can tune in.
H.E. Advisor Turki Alalshikh, the big boss of the General Entertainment Authority, is hell-bent on making sure this spectacle is as accessible as a pub on a Friday night, casting it across the largest screens far and wide.
Turki, playing the role of the ultimate hype man, reminds us that since 2019, Riyadh Season’s been the go-to spot for jaw-dropping events. But this fight? It’s not just big—it’s monumental, a slice of history in the making.
Jai Opetaia and Mairis Briedis are set to tango for the IBF world title in a rematch, while Joe Cordina and Anthony Cacace are locking horns in an all-British dust-up for the super featherweight crown.
And just when you thought your fight card was full, in steps Sergey Kovalev, the erstwhile light heavyweight monarch, now cruising at cruiserweight, ready to duke it out with Sweden’s undefeated Robin Sirwan Safar. Plus, keep your eyes peeled for the rising British heavyweight Moses Itauma and Kiwi cruiserweight David Nyika, both ready to throw down and make some noise.
- Main Attraction: Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk
- Date: May 18, 2024
- Time: Stay tuned
- Watch: DAZN globally, and Sky & TNT Sports if you’re in the UK
- Venue: Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Tyson Fury: The British giant standing at 6’9″, with an 85″ reach, boasting an unbeaten record of 34-0-1, including 24 knockouts.
- Oleksandr Usyk: Hailing from Ukraine, 6’3″ tall, 78″ reach, and an unblemished record of 21-0 with 14 knockouts.
Fight Card Highlights:
- Main event features Fury vs. Usyk duking it out for the heavyweight crown, covering WBO, WBC, WBA, and IBF titles.
- Undercard bouts include Joe Cordina vs. Anthony Cacace for the IBF featherweight belt, Sergey Kovalev squaring off against Robin Safar in a cruiserweight clash, and Isaac Lowe facing Hasibullah Ahmadi in the featherweight division.
George Warren, the head honcho at Queensberry, is beaming with pride, dubbing the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship the pinnacle of pugilism. With the world’s gaze fixed on Riyadh come May18 British fans are in for a treat with TNT Sports, DAZN, and Sky Sports serving up this historic moment on a silver platter.
DAZN’s Shay Segev is over the moon, thrilled to bits to be Riyadh Season’s chosen one for broadcasting this epic showdown. DAZN’s rolling out the red carpet with a free month’s subscription in the UK & US with any PPV purchase, promising a spring season chock-full of top-notch fights.
Sky Sports’ Jonathan Licht can barely contain his excitement, boasting about Sky’s storied history with boxing’s biggest bouts. Fury vs Usyk, plus two more championship fights? It’s like Christmas came early for fight fans.
And rounding off this all-star lineup, Andrew Georgiou from Warner Bros. Discovery is reminiscing about Tyson Fury’s remarkable journey, gearing up for what’s poised to be a historic moment in sports. With TNT Sports pulling out all the stops, including a star-studded expert panel live from the fight, it’s shaping up to be an unforgettable spectacle.