Show Must Go On: Heffron Vs Bentley 2 Still On, Undercard Changes

QUEENSBERRY PROMOTIONS can confirm that three positive coronavirus tests have been returned after the most recent batch of testing carried out by Prenetics.

The positive tests have come from the camps of Michael Rambaletsa, Kaisy Khademi and Masood Abdulah.

Consequently, the scheduled bouts between Michael Ramabaletsa and Chris Bourke, Kaisy Khademi and Ijaz Ahmed and Masood Abdulah and Levi Dunn have now been cancelled in line with the protocols of the British Boxing Board of Control and the Promoter.

NEWS:   Mikaela Mayer receives her WBO belt; Edgar Berlanga recognized

The rest of the show’s participants, who have been isolating at a London base this week, have tested negative and the show will continue as planned with Mark Heffron and Denzel Bentley still main eventing for a chance to claim the vacant British Middleweight title.

Promoter Frank Warren said: “These are unprecedented times, and it is a huge shame to lose three great fights. I’m obviously gutted for the boys who have worked had for this week but I am pleased to see the excellent safety measures implemented by my team and the board are working so effectively.

“I am thankful to our partners at BT for working with us to ensure the event can continue safely, and fans can look forward to a cracking main event between Mark and Denzel.

“We wish those affected a speedy recovery.”

[embedded content]

NEWS:   MTK Global and Rick Mirigian sign undefeated Vergil Ortiz Jr

The British Boxing Board of Control have today announced that the highly anticipated rematch between Mark Heffron and Denzel Bentley has been sanctioned for the now vacant British Middleweight title.

Steven Ward vs. Hafthor Bjornsson preview

Previously announced as a final eliminator, the bout was upgraded once Liam Williams chose to vacate his title. Williams will now focus his attention on his position as the mandatory challenger for the WBO title held by Demetrius Andrade.

Heffron (25-1-1, 19KO’s) and Bentley (13-0-1, 11KO’s) last met on the 12th September, with the fight ending in a controversial unanimous draw. Both fighters believed they’d done enough to win the fight, and will now get a chance to settle the debate with the richest prize in domestic boxing on the line.

On fighting for the British title, Mark Heffron said: “My daughter Poppy wants that title belt for Christmas and I never let her down.”

Denzel Bentley was equally confident, saying: “Being British and fighting for the British title is an honour. I want to conquer home first, then I’ll go on to conquer the world.”

NEWS:   Katie Taylor, Terri Harper and Rachel Ball Sky Sports tripleheader on Nov.14

Heffron vs Bentley 2 headlines another huge night of BT Sport Boxing for Queensberry Promotions on Friday November 13th.

Chief support to the huge domestic battle will be provided by Tommy Fury (3-0, 2KO’s), who will be returning the ring for the first time since last December. Tyson’s younger brother will undoubtedly be looking for another spectacular first round knockout.

English Champion Michael Ramabeletsa (18-17, 8KO’s) will compete against Chris Bourke (8-0, 5KO’s) in a 10 round Super-Bantamweight clash.

Queensberry new boy Kaisy Khademi (8-0, 2KO’s) makes his promotional debut in a 10 round defense of his WBO European Super-Flyweight title against Birmingham’s Ijaz Ahmed (7-2). The vacant IBF European title will also be on the line.

Ryan Garcia beats Luke Campbell with bodyshot knockout

Rounding out the card will be unbeaten featherweight Louie Lynn (7-0, 6KO’s), former Team GB starlet Muhammad Ali (1-0) and professional debutant Masoud Abdulah.

Mark Heffron vs. Denzel Bentley rematch on Nov.13

Queensberry Promotions can today confirm the return of Friday night fights to BT Sport on November 13th with the announcement of the highly anticipated rematch between British Middleweight standouts Mark Heffron and Denzel Bentley.

The BBBofC have confirmed that the bout will serve as a final eliminator for the British Middleweight title.

UK fans have demanded the domestic duel be rerun ever since their epic September scrap ended with a rare unanimous draw. That wish has now been granted.

The first fight was arguably the highlight of all post-lockdown boxing; fans were left crying out for more as the ringside judges couldn’t separate the fighters – all three scoring the bout 95-95.

In the world of social media, neither experts nor fans could unite behind a single fighter as the rightful winner and, equally, the fighters themselves were both convinced they’d done enough to claim victory.

With no consensus victor from punters, pundits and fighters alike, Frank Warren has taken the only course of action that made sense and booked the rematch.

“The British fans wanted it, so we’ve delivered it,” said Warren, adding, “it was the easiest decision in the world to put these two back in the ring together.”

“The response to the first fight was overwhelmingly positive. Fans up and down the country were hailing the fight as the best domestic Middleweight scrap in years. With no clear winner, the only thing to do was book an immediate rematch and let these two finally settle the debate once and for all.

LaManna stops Gonzalez in five!

“I had the first fight a draw, honestly. I thought Mark was all action and came forward well, but Denzel boxed tremendously, showed great movement, and intelligently picked his shots. Denzel scored a big knockdown early but got hurt himself in the later rounds.

“It’s only right that the fight is an eliminator for the British title. The winner of this will go on and achieve great things.

“This rematch is such a great fight for British boxing fans, and I couldn’t begin to pick a winner. I reckon the bookies are going to struggle to separate them too – it’s the definition of a 50-50 fight.”

Mark Heffron (25-1-1, 19KO’s) said: “I’m so pleased that this rematch has been arranged and I’m back in the ring so quickly. You will see a sharper Mark Heffron this time. I know I won the first fight, but in this second one, I’m planning on leaving no doubt.”

Denzel Bentley (13-0-1, 11KO’s) said: “Thanks to Frank for getting the rematch on for us straight away and giving me another chance to show the world why I’m the future of this division.”

It was also confirmed that Tommy Fury would return to action on the undercard. Tyson’s younger brother was last seen on December 21 and will be looking for another first-round stoppage in the Light Heavyweight division. Opponent TBC.

Heffron vs. Bentley 2 will air live on BT Sport, Friday, November 13th.


Email
WhatsApp
Tweet
Share