Watch Boxing LIVE tonight as Don King is set to present a live boxing event featuring Adrien Broner and Bill Hutchinson as the main event, broadcasted on FITE directly from Casino Miami, FL. The event will feature more than seven bouts, headlined by the anticipated showdown between Broner and Hutchinson.
The second main event is an NABA Light Heavyweight Title bout where Ahmed El Biali will go toe-to-toe with Rodolfo Gomez Jr. Another title will also be contested as Antonio Williams squares up against Braulio Rodriguez for the WBC FECARBOX Lightweight Title.
BRONER VS. HUTCHINSON START TIME
- Date: Friday, June 9
- Time: 7 p.m. ET / 12 a.m. BST (Saturday in UK)
- The fight will be available on FITE TV in the U.S and UK
- The fight will take place at the Casino Miami Jai Alai in Miami, Florida.
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 11:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. BST (Saturday in UK)
The Broner vs. Hutchinson face-off is scheduled to commence at 7 p.m. ET or 12 a.m. BST (UK time) on Friday, June 9. It will be available for viewing on FITE TV in both the U.S and UK. The event will take place at the Casino Miami Jai Alai, Miami, Florida. Expect the main event ringwalks around 11:00 p.m. ET or 4:00 a.m. BST (Saturday in UK).
Dan Rafael Interviews Don King
Dan Rafael: “When the bell rings and the fight starts, what is it that you want to see from Broner to make you believe that there is a path forward to him getting to a world title? You can bring opportunities to guys but it’s up to them to actually perform. So, what do you want to see from this man in the ring?”
Don King: “I want to see him be himself because he was a four-time champion of four different weight categories of the world. Therefore, be who you want to be, who you have been. Let us restore the glory of yesteryear. I want to see him please the people and it’s really what counts for me. I promote the people because they are the most important. If he demonstrates to the people that he’s there and he didn’t come just to play a game but to fight and to please them, then that’s what I’m looking for.”
Dan Rafael: “If he wins the fight and you’re pleased with the performance, and he’s pleased with the performance, what types of fights do you think you can get for him? What are the names or the bigger events that you can see down the road if everything goes well for him against Hutchinson?”
Don King: “When he wins the heart of the people, I want him to become the people’s champion. We need the sanctioning bodies of the WBC, WBA, IBO, IBF, WBO. But to be sanctioned, you’ve got to be sanctioned in the heart and mind of the people. When he becomes a people’s champion, he can fight now. All the champions are calling me now to get him because they know that it means money to them. So, if Broner comes through, each champion is trying to get him because they know it’s valuable. He brings the heart of the people with him, he can’t afford to let them down. I want to see him throw left hooks, right hands, and jabs to keep him off balance and do what he can do.”
BRONER VS. HUTCHINSON FIGHT CARD
- Adrien Broner vs. Bill Hutchinson; Welterweight
- Ahmed Elbiali vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr; Light heavyweight
- Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Charlie Clemente; Bantamweight
- Neslan Machado vs. Jonathan Smith; Featherweight
- Antonio Perez vs. Nigel Fennell; Super lightweight
- Antonio Williams vs. Braulio Rodriuez; Lightweight
- Dorian Bostic vs. Joshua Clark; Lightweight
- Adlay Rodriguez vs. Raul Garcia Jr; Welterweight
- Brayan Leon vs. TBA; Middleweight
- Alex Esponda vs. TBA; Light middleweight